Friday, June 8, 2012

Not too long ago, WAY back when I was using Firefox as a web browser, I had a very stupid problem ... each time I would go to Google Images, my computer would immediately crash. Over, and over, and over again for months on end.  It was very frustrating, since if I would go to BING images, it seemed like the images would never be as good, or relevent if I typed in a certain person, place or thing.

Luckily, moving to Google Chrome has made things normal again, so it's really cool to be able to type up where I'll be eventually going, and get quietly excited. The trick is I don't get excited very easily anymore. Maybe I'm old ... maybe I'm old and spoiled, but then again, sometimes you make your own luck if you save enough dough to wander around this strange sphere of ours. The point is, looking at images of Myanmar is really getting me excited. It just seems like a different place, a different world, full of exotic, isolated temples alongside hills and plains, with landscapes that look so far removed from the rest of the world. As my dear friend Neil Finn would say, a Private Universe unto itself. Perhaps some pictures of the temples of Bagan will explain how other-worldly this place will be. Knowing my luck, it will rain or be so cloudy, the sunrise and sunsets will be forgettable.  Or maybe not .... I understand the hot air-ballooning over the area of Bagan is to die for ... for a price. Maybe these pictures will help me save a large sum of money, as I pretend I went up in the sky for a few hundred dollars ....






These colours just don't look real ... instead it looks like an exotic dream, some mythical place only your imagination could conjure up.  I hope when I get there, these pictures won't get me all disappointed and feeling all let down. Kinda like postcard pictures ..... or ads for Big Macs, if you know what I mean.  :o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment