Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For ..

Well, my flight was delayed an hour getting into Bangkok, then the fun began to find the Airport Express Bus, what I used the last two times I was here.  After about an hour, I find out it no longer exists, and I have to take the metro/skytrain link which was very, very fast and cheaper than the bus. Even faster than the skytrain at home, but then I needed to take a taxi to the guest house.  I hate haggling over a taxi, but I found another guy who was going my way.

I was very lucky, I left my lonely planet guide on the front shelf of the ticket booth at the airport metro station, and the attendent was nice enough to find me and gave it back on the platform. Wow ... I needed it, karma from years gone bye helping me out, or so I rationalize.

Got into the hotel at around 12:30am. Got a decent sleep, about 7 hours .. now just organizing the next couple of days.  Looks like thunderstorms everywhere ... oh well. C'est la vie. 

Time for breakfast, I'm starving, but the weather is bearable and muggy. So at least that's good.

Looks like I'll be in Koh Chang for 4 days starting tomorrow ... just booked a nice place on the beach online. Low season rates, not a huge difference, but a good difference nontheless.  If the weather is crappy, and not real beachy weather, there's lots of hiking to do, and since Chang means elephant in Thai, I might have to go riding on a old friend. They say they never forget and maybe I won't either.  Finding the brakes on those things is tricky if you don't speak the local language :o)

Also contemplating going to Muay Thai Boxing tonight ... roughly sixty dollars (1800 Baht), and since I haven't seen it before, I mid as well do something new this time around.  Rumour has it with the ticket I can buy from the hotel, you get to go behind the scenes, and get to meet and have pictures with the boxers ... who knows what that will be like.!!

Bye for now .....   :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment